Pebbles Hat (or Cowl!)
Sat 12/1 & 12/8
Looking for a quick, simple accessory to make? Ready to take your knitting into a brand-new dimension and learn to knit in the round?
Pebbles by Hilary Latimer uses worsted weight and bulky yarn together in a woven pattern to create a uniquely textured hat pattern that is far less complicated than it looks. If you’re not into hats, the pattern looks great as a cowl, too! (Please note, you will still have to purchase the hat pattern, and we will show you how to work the pattern into a cowl.) Either would be a great introduction to knitting in the round. And either would be a great gift for the holidays—or, better yet, for yourself!
The hat pattern is available at the shop. Additional instruction on adapting the pattern to a cowl will be provided at the first class.
Prerequisites: advanced beginner -- comfortable with knit and purl, cast on, and bind off
Skills Learned: Joining and knitting in the round; slipping stitches; decreasing in the round (if doing the hat)
- 100 yds worsted weight and 50-100 yds bulky weight yarn for hat; 200 yds worsted weight and 100 yds bulky weight yarn for cowl.
- Size 7 and size 8 needles. 16” circulars for hat; 24”-30” circulars for cowl.
- Stitch marker for beginning/end of round.
- Scissors and tapestry needle for working in ends.
- Copy of pattern is available for purchase in-store
All class materials must be purchased from Warm n Fuzzy.